246-867 Ganga Eptir [IC]

Sagas: The tales of the player characters' adventures. This is where the main game threads live.

Re: 246-867 Ganga Eptir [IC]

Post Number:#46  Postby NMorgan » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:36 pm

***So the medallion is not one of a kind, or at least there are others with similar engravings… and the priests of the Nailed God carry them.***

Sulki considers the Jarl’s words, nodding occasionally and looking momentarily surprised at Storri’s apparent prophecy.
”Well that foretelling would certainly seem to fit us,” he concedes. ”And if he can read truth then we shall be triply careful of our words.” He says, putting a bit more emphasis than needed on that last bit for the crew's benefit.

“How do you see the brothers’ dispositions towards your brother? Are we dealing with cautious allies, or do things run closer to mistrusting rivals? Also, if it is unlikely Storri is involved with things at home, are there any other seiðr or galdr known in these parts? Or is that a question best inquired of Storri himself?”
User avatar
NMorgan

Senior Member
 
Posts: 1119
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:20 pm
Location: Oklahoma, USA
Vikingr: Sulki

Re: 246-867 Ganga Eptir [IC]

Post Number:#47  Postby mark » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:11 pm

Gunnar's insight fails him and he gains no new understanding of his Jarl.

Þórgnýr replies to Sulki, "Certainly the latter, but there is no open hostility and they may yet find an accord."

He adds, "I know nothing of the seiðr or galdr in these lands, and very little of them in Ribe. Storri might know something, but he is an outsider here too so I doubt he knows much. I'd put my money on the local Hvítakristr Seiðmenn knowing the most about such things as they are their direct rivals are they not? You might try the steinn hoff in Jórvík."

Þórgnýr nods to the Menn af Vágrvík, "Good luck to you. If you need to speak to me again, approach Krumr and ask him to arrange a meeting."

Þórgnýr walks away.
User avatar
mark

Site Admin
 
Posts: 4680
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:01 am
Location: Bouremouth, United Kingdom
Vikingr: Game Master

Re: 246-867 Ganga Eptir [IC]

Post Number:#48  Postby jezreel » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:13 pm

Gunnar looks around at his mates, grins and says

" Well , that could have been worse- it looks like we off the hook, at least for now. "

Then, frowning suddenly

" Oh no, I've just remembered the girl! Just as I was thinking we were moving into less troubled water"
User avatar
jezreel

Member
 
Posts: 693
Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 3:24 am
Location: Bristol, UK
Vikingr: Gunnar 'Ǫxbrjótr'

Re: 246-867 Ganga Eptir [IC]

Post Number:#49  Postby NMorgan » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:31 pm

"The girl? What of her?" Sulki asks, eyeing Gunnar. Eymundr guards her. Hopefully, he will make his way here when word of our victory reaches the camp, which it probably has already. If we do not hear from them we will seek out Krumr and ask that a messenger be sent."
User avatar
NMorgan

Senior Member
 
Posts: 1119
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:20 pm
Location: Oklahoma, USA
Vikingr: Sulki

Re: 246-867 Ganga Eptir [IC]

Post Number:#50  Postby jezreel » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:57 pm

Gunnar blushes, realizing his comments have shown where his thoughts lay.
User avatar
jezreel

Member
 
Posts: 693
Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 3:24 am
Location: Bristol, UK
Vikingr: Gunnar 'Ǫxbrjótr'

Re: 246-867 Ganga Eptir [IC]

Post Number:#51  Postby mark » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:15 pm

Lofi lowers his voice, "No, let's think carefully about mentioning Eymundr to anybody just yet. He is outside the walls and the Ragnarrsons are apparently unaware of him for now. I say we keep it quiet while we think on any advantage that might hold for us."
User avatar
mark

Site Admin
 
Posts: 4680
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:01 am
Location: Bouremouth, United Kingdom
Vikingr: Game Master

Re: 246-867 Ganga Eptir [IC]

Post Number:#52  Postby Bjorn Are Stolen » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:35 pm

Overcome with the impressions from the battle, the cold, the wake over Bjorn, tiredness, sleep-deprevation and infections, Erafar doesn't contribute anything to the conversation, but is found slump together in a pile of himself, dead asleep.
User avatar
Bjorn Are Stolen

Member
 
Posts: 469
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:45 pm
Location: Mandal, Agder, Norway
Vikingr: Tryggr

Re: 246-867 Ganga Eptir [IC]

Post Number:#53  Postby Scipio » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:28 am

Disappointed by the Jarl's answer and by their reward for such a dangerous mission, Biarni is already restless at the thought of wintering in the conquered city: *There may be glory to be had, but a wise man keeps away from powerful men, it seems*

"He is of little advantage if we can't talk to him, and he may do something foolish if he has no news from us. He also has our greatest wealth, she needs looking after and we must decide what to do with her.

We have little choice in the matter, but it seems like we should be very careful when meeting the Ragnarssons or their wizard. If there were not three missions depending on it I would suggest we look for ways to avoid them. As it is, let's look for ways to survive."


He tosses another log on the fire, leans his back against the wall, and ponders their situation.
User avatar
Scipio

Senior Member
 
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:43 pm
Location: Norway
Vikingr: Biarni

Re: 246-867 Ganga Eptir [IC]

Post Number:#54  Postby jezreel » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:49 pm

Guunar thinks on Biarni's words, and finds they ring a chord of sorts

" Just thinking aloud here......so far, we have dutifully followed the requests of powerful men, and have little to show for it , apart from -" pausing to catch Dolfer's eye
"...wounds , and riddles . challenges, risks aplenty ...a girl...... but no gold, no answers, no clear plan"


" Maybe Biarni is right, and we should be thinking of making our own way here, - forget about being pawns in these Big-Men games, and see to our own advancement"
" Maybe spend more time seeking the Gods' approval, looking for THEIR way, and not playing a bit-part in the schemes of powerful men"

Gunnar puts his head in his hands, the raises it a little wearily

" What do you others think?"
User avatar
jezreel

Member
 
Posts: 693
Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 3:24 am
Location: Bristol, UK
Vikingr: Gunnar 'Ǫxbrjótr'

Re: 246-867 Ganga Eptir [IC]

Post Number:#55  Postby NMorgan » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:13 pm

The day's activities have taken their toll. Feeling dizzy, sick, and miserable, Sulki finds a place where he can lean his back against something sturdy. He sits down and closes his eyes. He remains motionless at the moment but is listening intently as each man has the chance to voice his opinions.
User avatar
NMorgan

Senior Member
 
Posts: 1119
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:20 pm
Location: Oklahoma, USA
Vikingr: Sulki

Re: 246-867 Ganga Eptir [IC]

Post Number:#56  Postby mark » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:48 pm

Finni looks at Gunnar, "Interesting. What is it that you propose we do now, Gunnar?"
User avatar
mark

Site Admin
 
Posts: 4680
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:01 am
Location: Bouremouth, United Kingdom
Vikingr: Game Master

Re: 246-867 Ganga Eptir [IC]

Post Number:#57  Postby Scipio » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:34 pm

Hearing Gunnar's words and Finni's question, Biarni too listens intently. He was not really advocating abandoning any of their missions, but Gunnar may have a point...
User avatar
Scipio

Senior Member
 
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:43 pm
Location: Norway
Vikingr: Biarni

Re: 246-867 Ganga Eptir [IC]

Post Number:#58  Postby Jon Reinhardt » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:04 am

Sitting down with Sulky Dolfer looks up at Gunnar " So what do you suggest Gunnar Ǫxbrjótr. We dont have many options, and here we at leas are fed and warm thru the winter. Im not going any where any soon with this arm at least. "
User avatar
Jon Reinhardt

Senior Member
 
Posts: 1649
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:03 pm
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Vikingr: Tjodolfr

Re: 246-867 Ganga Eptir [IC]

Post Number:#59  Postby mark » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:32 pm

Looking at Gunnar, Hrolleifr says quietly, "I too would like to know your plan, Ǫxbrjótr."
User avatar
mark

Site Admin
 
Posts: 4680
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:01 am
Location: Bouremouth, United Kingdom
Vikingr: Game Master

Re: 246-867 Ganga Eptir [IC]

Post Number:#60  Postby jezreel » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:27 pm

Guunar looks surprised - his words appear to have been a question that no-one had yet bothered to consider , but which had perhaps been forming in mens' minds

" Plan?" I don't have a plan....at least for now. But I think we should keep our eyes and ears open and start to use a bit of discernment"
" Some opportunities would appear to hold little gain for us, only risk. "
" Here's an example -"
" I guess that the most important task is to find the source of the blight on the crops at home - that's if we all want to go home at some point as some kind of heroes"
" Assuming , and that's a big if, we find the source, what's going to happen? We kill the seer who placed the curse? That won't be easy- are we trained assassins? "
" DO we think that this seer will be unprotected? -that they won't already know we are coming? Not much of a seer if they don't - and not much of a seer cannot blight a whole region's crops"
" Or we ask nicely for them to lift it? What do we have to bargain with? A chest of gold?"

" I would be interested in what each man here actually hopes for "

"Perhaps we can plan better if we know for what end we are aiming, so we can pull together to some clear purpose"
User avatar
jezreel

Member
 
Posts: 693
Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 3:24 am
Location: Bristol, UK
Vikingr: Gunnar 'Ǫxbrjótr'

PreviousNext

Return to Sǫgur

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron