235-867, Steinn Vegr [IC]

Sagas: The tales of the player characters' adventures. This is where the main game threads live.

Re: 235-867, Steinn Vegr [IC]

Post Number:#151  Postby jezreel » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:13 pm

Gunnar puts his arm around Erafar

" I can see you are up for this, young fellow - that's the spirit! The Gods will be with you, I'm sure"
Then, more quietly ,
" I worry about our not being able to sacrifice to Tyr beforehand - we have been over-ruled - but I have promised Tyr a hefty share of whatever spoils I may emerge with, and I hope he will be happy to wait for that and protect us through the fight"

"I'm impressed that you will scale the cliff for us- glory will be yours - why don't I follow you immediately on the rope- my shield and armour and axe may come in handy to buy you time if we are spotted"
jezreel

Vikingr: Gunnar 'Ǫxbrjótr'

Post Number:#152  Postby Scipio » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:36 pm

Scratching his beard, Biarni contemplates the ascent.

"So Erafar goes first, with a rope for the rest of us. Next man up, that's you Gunnar, carries another rope. With two ropes one man can climb while those already up haul what we can't carry. Shields can be carried on our backs easily enough I think, but axe and spears and swords might be better bundled up beforehand. Along with the heaviest armour. And when the weapons are up, we have two ropes to climb twice as fast."

He goes to find the rope they were given, to calculate if they have what they need for two lines down the cliff as well as a bit to tie up the weapons.
Scipio

Vikingr: Biarni

Post Number:#153  Postby Bjorn Are Stolen » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:55 pm

That sounds right, Erafar replies. Now that the adrenalin have started rushing, he hardly even notice the acing belly, and the depressing weather. "I'll be of to see if we can find some tent-space!"
Bjorn Are Stolen

Vikingr: Tryggr

Post Number:#154  Postby mark » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:30 pm

Scipio wrote:He goes to find the rope they were given, to calculate if they have what they need for two lines down the cliff as well as a bit to tie up the weapons.

Much to Biarni's surprise, it seems as if there is actually more rope than he had recalled. It looks as if there are in fact four lengths of rope, each about 32 feet long [10m]. What good hamingja, now there will be enough rope to make it worthwhile having two climbers race to the top of the cliff.

hamingja = luck
mark

Site Admin

Vikingr: Game Master

Post Number:#155  Postby NMorgan » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:29 pm

At some point in the day when he catches him reasonably away from prying eyes of the rest of the army, Sulki takes Eymundr aside and hands him a bundle wrapped in old cloth. "Disa's necklace. It will be better in your hands than with me tonight or tucked away with the rest of the gear. Keep it on you hidden. If we don't come back, then Vagrvik will be in your hands my friend."
NMorgan

Vikingr: Sulki

Post Number:#156  Postby Scipio » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:55 am

Once it becomes clear who is to get guard duty, Biarni seeks Eymundr out towards the evening, his pack in one hand and a reluctant Skuggi securely leashed in the other.

"I guess all of us will want to leave our bags with you in the spare tent. Here's mine. If we don't make it back, take what little silver I have and drink to us. We will raise our glass from the halls of Odin."

"I'll also leave you with a companion to help guard our belongings. Take good care of him."

He ties the dog to a pole just outside the tent, close enough that he can get out of the rain. He tosses him a handful of rations and scratches his ear.
Scipio

Vikingr: Biarni

Post Number:#157  Postby jezreel » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:39 pm

Gunnar is thinking to himself - frowns cross his face momentarily and then clear. He then gazes heavenward and watches the dark clouds scurrying across the sky

THese crewmates of mine- they want me up the cliff first with no armour- I think they would be quite pleased to see me dead - I will show them what true bravery is - they don't have the stomach to kill the girl, and they don't have the stomach to climb first- apart from young Erafar - he may be the only other true Viking here amongst this crowd - I will watch out for him -his courage is true

Then he offers a prayer to Tyr

Glorious Tyr, Great God of War, you see mens' hearts -you note and applaud their courage - forgive my crewmates their temerity - I beseech you to honour the courage of young Erafar and myself and guide and protect us with your mighty arm as we climb, and then fight
Yours will be the glory and the honour
jezreel

Vikingr: Gunnar 'Ǫxbrjótr'

Post Number:#158  Postby mark » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:05 pm

TOTAL NON-COMBAT POSTS

Wed Sep 13, 2017 to Fri Oct 27, 2017

(6 weeks & 2 days @ 4 posts per week = 25 posts expected)

Biarni 22
Tjodolfr 27
Erafar 16
Gunnar 18
Sulki 28
mark

Site Admin

Vikingr: Game Master

Previous

Return to Sǫgur