231-867 Jórvík [IC]

Sagas: The tales of the player characters' adventures. This is where the main game threads live.

Re: 231-867 Jórvík [IC]

Post Number:#121  Postby NMorgan » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:43 am

"That could be a possibility once we know more about the next trip to the army." Sulki says a little cautiously, inwardly not wholly comfortable with the idea of a solid ship in good condition standing for 'cheap nags' that might go lame or catch ill, or wander off, or get killed or captured in a fight... ***Yet at the same time, it may well be our best chance at not going on foot, and I would feel better with Hross watching over her than no one at all.***

"We would need enough horses for all of us in order for it to work however. If some of us are afoot, then our crew may as well all walk together. Either way I do believe, and you've confirmed, that since we are likely wintering in Northumbria, we may as well get our boat up out of the water for the winter. I appreciate the time and information. We'll check back with you in about a week, and in the meanwhile get our ship squared away. She is the Sævar-Hestr if you want to look her over. Otherwise we'll plan to regroup in about a week and see how things lie."
NMorgan

Vikingr: Sulki

Post Number:#122  Postby jezreel » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:16 pm

Gunnar snorts
" Horses, ships, supplies"
"I guess it's all important but what I want is a little CLARITY"
" Setting out to raid some horses of out own sounds like a fools errand- we don't have the local knowledge of Hross's men "
" Let's broker a deal with Hross, borrow some horses and go find this army"
" I'm getting rusty here "

jezreel

Vikingr: Gunnar 'Ǫxbrjótr'

Post Number:#123  Postby mark » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:51 am

Hross shrugs his shoulders in reply to Sulki, "Like I say, the ship is less in demand than horses, so it might not be worth more than four cheap nags the way things are here. Sounds like you men may as well get used to walking. I'll look your ship over when I get the chance, and maybe I'll see you again in a week."
mark

Site Admin

Vikingr: Game Master

Post Number:#124  Postby Jon Reinhardt » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:48 pm

Dolfer sniffs the air as he says " Even if it high demands on horses we shall not trade our ship for them. It was more than a little work and spilled blood to get on that is ours. Im more than happy to walk anyway. And if we have to walk slow to carry our stuff thats possible to. If we take it easy it cant be that dangerous traveling these lands. We are here ta spin a tale about our self any way." Dolfer roles his shoulder as he say " If nothing else we will wait to spring to travel, but i guess its not more harsh here than where im from so it should be possible to travel in the winter. If they get snow we can use skis."
Jon Reinhardt

Vikingr: Tjodolfr

Post Number:#125  Postby NMorgan » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:39 pm

Sulki thanks Hross for his time and the offer, but without committing to anything. The deal sounded as if it would fall through, particularly if a full complement of horses was not to be found. This may have been just as well. Sulki is still very uncomfortable with the idea of putting his ship up as surety for a handful of what was described as ‘hags.’

Once he is back with the others, Sulki nods at his oath-brother. ”No, I will not be trading the ship for horses under any circumstances. I am not even comfortable with putting her up as surety for them. “

“ Well, Dolfr here doesn’t mind walking, and I don’t either. What about the rest of you? Either way, it sounds as if both raiding and trading is likely to be a fools errand at this point in the year, so I think we shall see about getting the boat beached for the winter. And then we must decide, wait a week to see what Hross comes up with? Or set out on foot on our own immediately? I say the latter. It did not sound as if finding enough horses was likely, or that they would be of quality. I would prefer not to risk our ship and our way home on our ability to return a few scraggly nags in the condition we got them.”
NMorgan

Post Number:#126  Postby Jon Reinhardt » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:44 pm

"Heya" Dolfer is nodding in agreement. " For my part we could get going as fast as possible. But If we are going to wait. Maybe we should scrape the ship and then put some new tar and paint on here in as we are waiting. There might be other than Hoss that needs guards on the way south so maybe we could find some other to travel with. Either payed or just to make a bigger group "
Jon Reinhardt

Vikingr: Tjodolfr

Post Number:#127  Postby Scipio » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:34 am

"Walking it is, then. I too agree that we leave as soon as possible. Let's beach the ship and see if we can buy a cheap animal to carry some of the gear. It will be a long walk heavily armed."
Scipio

Vikingr: Biarni

Post Number:#128  Postby NMorgan » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:06 pm

"As soon as possible then. Let us go find the harbormaster and get the ship up on shore. We can pay four weeks in advance, that should give us plenty of time to return, and then some. Let's also rent a hovel to store our excess supplies. With luck, our possessions should be safer here than on the road with us. Biarni, you and I can go and look for an animal and cart if you like."

At any rate, once these things are done, we should be ready to set off. Every man should care for his weapons, fill his waterskin, and carry six to eight rations."
NMorgan

Post Number:#129  Postby mark » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:32 pm

TOTAL NON-COMBAT POSTS

Fri Jul 14, 2017 to Mon Sep 11, 2017

(8 weeks & 3 days @ 4 posts per week = 33 posts expected)

Tjodolfr 18
Gunnar 20
Biarni 15
Sulki 33
Erafar 10
mark

Site Admin

Vikingr: Game Master

Previous

Return to Sǫgur