193-867 Vestr [IC]

Sagas: The tales of the player characters' adventures. This is where the main game threads live.

Re: 193-867 Vestr [IC]

Post Number:#76  Postby Scipio » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:25 am

Just before leaving, Biarni adds: "As we discussed, I've also had a look at how to divide any profit. We now have 205 shares between us, how many depending on how much each man has invested. I suggest that whenever we make a profit we can afford to pay out, each man gets silver or other wares according to his shares. While we travel together, we cover what we need from our common purse... unless we decide that every man pays for himself. If any man wants anything extra, they are of course free to spend the silver for it. And if any man decides to leave, he gets back what he paid in... or as much of it as the ship's purse can afford. More, according to his shares, if times are good.

One question is what to do with wealth that is not silver. The ship itself is easy enough, unless we have to sell it we don't include it in the shares. It's too important for that. Any loot or goods we acquire should go to the ship, and any profit we make from them go to the ship's purse. So if any man takes equipment, like weapons or armour, from the ship it should be counted as a loan or be paid for in silver or goods.

If anyone has questions I'll try to answer, and if anyone has suggestions I'll hear them, but this is how I propose we do it. Think it over until we have time to sit down and decide properly."
Scipio

Topic Posts: 13
Vikingr: Biarni

Post Number:#77  Postby Jon Reinhardt » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:32 am

" Hmm i think that can work for trade profits, but for loot from battle field and such i think that we should get a pick from what is found before its considered as a part of the cargo. If you risk you life to kill a man it only fair that you get some out of it. That is more or less how we have done things in till now. If nothing else men should be able to get the first pick if they find some thing"
Jon Reinhardt

Topic Posts: 16
Vikingr: Tjodolfr

Post Number:#78  Postby Scipio » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:32 pm

"That is fair, and it is how we have done things. For the battlefield, at least." Biarni scratches his beard, then shrugs. "Elsewhere, I disagree. We'd gain nothing and risk more if we argue over who should loot the most promising place while others stand guard. We shouldn't have to count every trinket, of course."
Scipio

Topic Posts: 13
Vikingr: Biarni

Post Number:#79  Postby Bjorn Are Stolen » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:35 pm

"I will go for whatever you decide. I'm content with learning from such esteemed characters as yourselves, and I have no plans of taking off on my own and claiming any shares."
Bjorn Are Stolen

Topic Posts: 11
Vikingr: Tryggr

Post Number:#80  Postby Jon Reinhardt » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:42 am

Dolfer smiles at Bjani and Erafar " Yes we will have a pick in battlefield spoil but the rest can be gathered in the boat. Im shure the gods are good and this trip will lead us to Adventure and riches. So before we come back we will have enough wealth for everyone. Or maybe we get will be able to stay there and take land. Imagen that you own farm stocked whit fat animals, green fields and a woman to look after children. Or maybe we end up as sea kings. How know. The gods have given us opportunity now it up to us to grab it."
Jon Reinhardt

Topic Posts: 16
Vikingr: Tjodolfr

Post Number:#81  Postby mark » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:22 pm

TOTAL NON-COMBAT POSTS

Mon Jun 05, 2017 to Fri Jul 14, 2017

(5 weeks & 4 days @ 4 posts per week = 22 posts expected)

Dolfr 16
Gunnar 15
Biarni 13
Sulki 15
Erafar 11
mark

Site Admin

Topic Posts: 11
Vikingr: Game Master

Previous

Return to Sǫgur