182-867 Gull Penningr [IC]

Sagas: The tales of the player characters' adventures. This is where the main game threads live.

Re: 182-867 Gull Penningr [IC]

Post Number:#91  Postby Jon Reinhardt » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:27 pm

Waiting for Sulki and the king to finish the deal. Tjodolfer makes sure to look at all the men gathered in the hall. As these are probably some of the most important men in Denmark knowing ho they are can be important later. Whispering to the man next to him Dolfer says " Yes the Bishop of Hamma is a sly man. But he keeps his word and and pays well. But he is a pragmatic man not when it comes to collecting his due."
Jon Reinhardt

Vikingr: Tjodolfr

Post Number:#92  Postby mark » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:23 pm

Konungr 'Baugrsverð' answers Sulki's question, "They are not stupid, they may well discover if you try to deceive them, so just tell them what I said - their assurance not to make claim to rule any new lands in Denmark, in return for my assistance with conquering other Anglo-Saxon kingdoms."

"It is an offer they cannot sensibly refuse, while I ask for no oath from them and that they could still return and attack Denmark they will not, they need all the help they can get to subdue all the kingdoms. They won't want me blockading ships to Northumbria, or their alliance falling apart, Þórgnýr fights with them and he has a powerful force there already. So this is simply to make them publicly give up on the idea of territorial gains here."

When Tjodolfr whispers to one of the men gathered he gets the reply, "His generosity is probably an annoyance to Baugrsverð, now he has to pay you just as well to spy on him or people will think him less powerful. Be careful, friend, ambition and the belly are the two worst counsellors...."

Sulki takes the first appropriate opportunity to ask Hergils about any sorcerers he knows with the Danes in Northumbria, Herglis replies, "I only know of Storri, Ubba's advisor. It is said he is a powerful seer and others say he can speak with the gods. That is all I can tell you."
mark

Site Admin

Vikingr: Game Master

Post Number:#93  Postby NMorgan » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:42 am

Sulki nods at Baugrsverð's words and inclines his head. "Ahh.. I see. It shall be done as you have said, Lord King."

---------------------------------

Upon receiving his answer, Sulki respectfully thanks Herglis. "That is more than I had to go on before and gives us a place to start... though we'll have to tread very carefully. My thanks, we are in your debt."
NMorgan

Vikingr: Sulki

Post Number:#94  Postby Jon Reinhardt » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:57 am

After the agreement is with the king is done and the group are on the way out Dolfer says " That went well. Its not everyday we get sponsored by a king"
When the men is out of the hall and have walked a bit away form there Dolfer says " But what they said about our pendant is not very promising. There is a suggestion that we and the village need to start following the new way"
Jon Reinhardt

Vikingr: Tjodolfr

Post Number:#95  Postby NMorgan » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:24 pm

Sulki frowns deeply. "A suggestion, perhaps. But do not forget that is only one half of the coin. The Allfather commands the other side.
NMorgan

Vikingr: Sulki

Post Number:#96  Postby mark » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:33 pm

TOTAL NON-COMBAT POSTS

Thu Apr 20, 2017 to Sun Jun 04, 2017
(6 weeks & 3 days @ 4 posts per week = 25 posts expected)

Sulki 21
Tjodolfr 21
Biarni 16
Eymundr 2

Sun Apr 30, 2017 to Sun Jun 04, 2017
(5 weeks@ 4 posts per week = 20 posts expected)

Erafar 7
mark

Site Admin

Vikingr: Game Master

Previous

Return to Sǫgur